Final Grade Evaluation

 For your final blog post revise and improve any one of your previous blog posts for this semester. 
---
I would most likely improve my entry for Week 2, simply because I spent so much time wrapped up in doing the "Cartoonist's Track" that I didn't talk at length about Understanding Comics by Scott McCloud. I stopped reading the book, took a detour, and read all of Maus, simply because Scott had a giant triangle with hundreds of comic book characters and some of them called out to me. 
After reading the first book of Maus I had to take a brief pause, talk about it and recommend it to a friend, and then read the second book. At this time, I didn't know class would assign this reading, so I went a bit haywire trying to get as much of it as I could.
I liked Understanding Comics, although at this point don't remember as much as I'd like to. It's a book that deserves a second read for sure, and possibly a third after a few years. If I go deeper into making comics, it's definitely something I need to revisit. 

----
>How many classes have you missed? 
    I think only 1, and it was due to an appointment with a gynecologist. 

>How many books have you read and how many have you read all the way through? 
    I don't remember. Off the top of my head, I definitely read Maus, Blankets, This One Summer, March: Book One, Persepolis, and The Killing Joke all the way through, but I read a bunch more offhandedly. 

>How many blog posts did you complete? 
    14, one per week. Some I read but didn't write reviews on until a week later simply because I'm not good at articulating my thoughts.

>Based on the criteria discussed in class what do you think is the appropriate grade to receive in this class on the scale of A to F including pluses and minuses. There is no A plus.
    B+? A-? I'm hoping for a better grade but understand if missing a day or being late on writing blog posts knocks the grade down.

Comments